1. 12 x SATA 6Gb/s slots for 3.5"/2.5" HDD/SSD
Epic storage potential with flexible high-capacity HDDs and high-performance SSDs.
2. 4 x SATA 6Gb/s slots for 2.5” SSD
Native high-speed SATA 6Gb/s empowers SSD caching.
3. LCD display
Provides real-time system information for easier system management.
4. USB one-touch-copy
Press the “Copy” button to instantly back up data from external drives to the NAS, or alternatively to back up data from the NAS to external drives.
5. 6 x built-in M.2 SSD slots
Supports SATA 6Gb/s M.2 SSD with 2242, 2260, 2280, and 22110 form factors to provide the greatest flexibility in tiered storage configuration and enables cache acceleration. The TS-1685 features M.2 cooling modules for keeping the M.2 SSDs cool and stable.
- M.2 SSD is optional; M.2 cooling modules are built-in.
- M.2 SSD operations can easily generate excessive heat, and it is recommended to install a heatsink (fromQnap or a third-party provider) on the M.2 SSD.
6. Intel® Xeon® D Processor
Featuring the latest 14nm energy-efficient SoC, supporting DDR4 RAM and PCIe Gen.3 per-lane throughput.
7. DDR4 2133 MHz memory
Supports four DDR4 memory modules for a maximum of 128GB RAM. Comes preinstalled with 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB RAM.
8. 3 x PCIe expansion slots
Two PCIe Gen3 x8 slots and one PCIe Gen2 x4 slot. Supports 10GbE/ 40GbE adapters, PCIe NVMe SSD, external graphics cards, and USB 3.1 expansion cards.
9. 3.5 mm audio jack
Connect speakers or headphones for direct audio output from the NAS.
10. 4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports
Ideal for service binding, port trunking and MPIO configurations.
11. 2 x built-in 10GBASE-T network ports
Fully supports 10GbE high-speed networks for iSCSI/NFS/CIFS data transmission.
12. Compartmentalized smart cooling
Separately detects the CPU and hard drive temperatures to dynamically control fan speeds for quieter operations.
13. Built-in speaker
Supports direct audio output and provides verbal system warnings.