Peak 2-socket performance in a compact package
Delivering peak 2-socket performance to space-constrained data centers, the PowerEdge R430 is a short-depth (24") entry rack server. It is an excellent fit for a wide range of workloads, including:
The R430 is also highly attractive as a dedicated backup or development server
- High-performance computing (HPC)
- Web serving
- Infrastructure scale-out
- Surveillance and site security
Deliver peak performance
Drive powerful performance across a wide range of workloads with the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per processor. Boost memory and I/O performance with:
- 12 DIMM slots that allow you to grow memory capacity over time
- DDR4 memory that provides as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and draws up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Up to 10 high-IOPS 2.5" hard drives and two PCIe Gen3 slots that drive twice the data throughput compared to PCIe Gen2
Maximize operational efficiency
Save time and reduce potential for error with systems management features that automate your PowerEdge server lifecycle management tasks.
- Speed time to production and drive better ROI by automating OS deployment, server configuration and updates with the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 8 (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller.
- Control data center availability more effectively by monitoring and managing the health and availability of Dell PowerEdge servers anytime, anywhere through OpenManage Mobile and a handheld device.
- Harness your energy budget with energy-efficient processors, memory and power supplies. Fresh Air 2.0 configurations allow you to operate confidently at extended temperatures without the need for chilled air.