Dell Power Edge R740
Performance in a density-optimized 1U, 2-socket rack server
Experience an outstanding balance of performance and density for scale-out computing. The PowerEdge R740 brings you value in a small form factor. Benefit from platform flexibility and maximize performance with dual Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 16 DIMMs and scalable storage that lets you mix SSDs and NVMe PCIe SSDs. Embedded diagnostics and SupportAssist help the R740 to deliver maximum uptime in a worry-free environment.
- Web tech
- Scale-out infrastructure
Deliver performance at scale with the PowerEdge portfolio
Modern compute platforms from Dell EMC are designed to scale easily and use technologies that maximize application performance. The PowerEdge R740 rack server provides choice and flexibility that lets you optimize performance and density.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation of processors.
- Gain storage flexibility with up to 10 x 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD with up to 4 NVMe PCIe SSDs, or 4 x 3.5" disks.
- Free up storage with boot-optimized M.2 SSDs.
Gain productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell Power Edge R740 4108