Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup
Sleek, Easy-to Deploy, Affordable Wireless Access:
The Cisco WAP121 combines business-class features, such as support for IPv6, Wireless-N technology, Power over Ethernet (PoE), quality of service, advanced security, ease of deployment, and flexible mounting options. With these features, it delivers a reliable, high-speed wireless network and helps small businesses easily expand their wired networks.
In an increasingly mobile workplace, providing secure, high-speed wireless connectivity to employees and guests is more important than ever. The Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup is an easy, affordable way to improve the performance and reach of your small business network with advanced 802.11n wireless technology. This flexible solution is ideal for connecting up to 10 employees on a single access point. With Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment technology, the wireless LAN can scale up to four WAP121s to provide broader coverage and support additional users as business needs change.
Designed for today’s performance-intensive applications, the Cisco WAP121 employs 802.11n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and extended range throughout your office. It features built-in quality-of-service (QoS) features that let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic, enabling the deployment of business-quality voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
The Cisco WAP121 is simple to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. A sleek, compact design with flexible mounting options enables the access point to smoothly blend into any small business environment. Support for PoE makes the device easy to install without the need for separate power plugs or expensive new wiring.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information, the Cisco WAP121 supports both Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition, 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out. For organizations that need to provide secure wireless access to employees, customers, and partners, it also provides support for separate virtual networks, with granular configuration options that let you provide the appropriate level of access for different users .
Single Point Setup provides a unique centralized method to administer and control wireless services across multiple access points. Via one access point on the LAN you have a single view of the whole WLAN to replicate configuration, security, and management across all access points. With the Cisco WAP121, you can extend highly secure business-class wireless networking anywhere in the office, with the reliability and flexibility to meet changing business needs. Figure 1 shows a typical configuration using this wireless access point. Figures 2 and 3 show the front and back, respectively, of the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup.
● Highly secure, high-speed 802.11n wireless networking delivers enhanced throughput and extended range for bandwidth-intensive applications.
● Wizard-based setup and configuration enables fast, simple deployment.
● Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment and management technology makes configuration simple.
● Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point detection, helps protect sensitive business information.
● Support for PoE enables easy installation without expensive additional wiring.
● Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
● Elegant, compact design with internal antennas and versatile mounting kit enables installation on a ceiling, wall, or desktop.
● Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance. © 2015 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This document is Cisco Public Information. Page 4 of 7
● Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
● Highly secure guest access enables safe wireless connectivity for visitors.
● Support for IPv6 lets you deploy future networking applications and operating systems without costly upgrades.