In today’s dynamic business environment, employees are becoming more mobile and collaborative than ever. To stay productive, they need dependable, business-class access to network applications throughout the office. The Cisco® WAP361 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Wall Plate Access Points with Power over Ethernet (PoE) provide a simple, cost-effective way to extend highly secure, high-performance mobile networking to your employees and guests, so they can stay connected anywhere in the office regrdless of what mobile devices they use. This flexible solution lets you connect dozens of employees, and can scale to accommodate additional users and changing business needs.
The WAP361 access point uses a concurrent dual-band radio for improved coverage and user capacity. The 2x2 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology with two spatial streams allows the access point to run at maximum performance in both 5.0-GHz and 2.4-GHz frequencies. Gigabit Ethernet LAN interfaces with PoE facilitates flexible installation and can reduce cabling and wiring costs. Intelligent quality-of-service (QoS) features let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic for voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
To provide highly secure guest access to visitors and other users, the WAP361 Wireless-AC/N access point supports a captive portal with multiple authentication options and the ability to configure rights, roles, and bandwidth. A customized guest login page lets you present a welcome message and access details, and reinforces your brand with company logos.
WAP361 access points are easy to set up and use, with an intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. An attractive design with flexible mounting options allows the access points to blend well into any small-business environment.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information, WAP361 access points support both Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Personal and Enterprise, encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition, 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out.
Designed to scale smoothly as your organization grows, the access points feature controller-less Single Point Setup, which simplifies the deployment of multiple access points without additional hardware. With a WAP361 access point, you can extend business-class wireless networking to employees and guests anywhere in the office, with the flexibility to meet new business needs for years to come.
Figure 1 shows a typical wireless access point configuration. Figures 2, 3, and 4 show the product’s front, back, and side panels, respectively.
Figure 1. Typical Configuration
Figure 2. Front Panel of the WAP361 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Wall Plate Access Point
Figure 3. Back Panel of the WAP361 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Wall Plate Access Point
Figure 4. Side Panel of the WAP361 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Wall Plate Access Point
● Concurrent dual-band radio support up to 867 Mbps on a 5.0-Ghz radio and 300 Mbps on a 2.4-Ghz radio to increase capacity and coverage
● 2x2 MIMO with two spatial streams on both 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz allows for maximum performance
● Single Point Setup, a controller-less technology, simplifies the deployment and management of multiple access points, without requiring additional hardware
● A 5-port Gigabit Ethernet LAN switch supports both PoE powered device (PD) and powered sourcing equipment (PSE) so that IP devices can be powered and the access point can be powered by the backbone switch
● Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point detection, help protect sensitive business information
● Captive portal support facilitates highly secure, customized guest access with multiple rights and roles
● Simple installation and an intuitive web-based configuration and wizard facilitate fast, simple deployment and setup in minutes
● Support for PoE allows for easy installation without expensive additional wiring
● A sleek design with multiple internal antennas and a versatile mounting kit allows for mounts directly to an electrical or data junction box
● Intelligent quality of service (QoS) prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance
● Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help to increase energy efficiency
● Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network
● Support for IPv6 lets you deploy future networking applications and operating systems without costly upgrades
● A limited lifetime hardware warranty provides peace of mind
Cisco Access point WAP361-R-K9